28 March 2006

medication, popcorn

I am leaving in six days. I have my passport, my visa and I am mostly packed. My medications have not all been resolved yet, and i've been having bad dreams about it. Yesterday, I went to the Japanese Embassy in D.C. to pick up my visa and asked about the medications (Are any of these banned in Japan? Are these quantities allowed?). The woman at the window gave me the phone number of someone who happens to be on vacation. His secretary told me to go to the embassy. Why do they make it so hard?

Also, after much research, I have decided to bring microwave popcorn as gifts for new friends, as Japanese people exchange gifts all of the time. I will have to find out where there are exciting flavors (which apparently exist, like caramel and cinnabun). How did I not know about this?

No comments: