11 April 2006

Misutaa Donatsu


Mister Donut was about all I could handle today. Plus, I ran out of tissues and Halls, so I had to go to the kyukyu shoppu, anyhow, which is only a few blocks away from this wonderful establishment. Classes start tomorrow and I have my first printmaking class. If I've been translating the schedule right, I have third year Woodblock Printing (版画美習III) from 13:20-18:10. I'm also thinking of going to an unknown theory class from 10:50-12:20 because it's taught by someone named Ha-vi (Harvey) Shapiro. Chances are, he speaks English. (地抹環境論)
I googled Mr. Shapiro. He's an environmental planning teacher. He's been teaching at the school since 1971. That's pretty intimidating. Maybe I'll show up and meet him at least. I probably wouldn't be able to take the class anyhow--a lot of the classes here require a studio to go along with them.

Monday: 10:50-14:50 Japanese I & II
15:00-16:30 International Design Theory

Wednesday: 13:20-18:10 Woodblock Printing III

Thursday: 13:20-14:50 Sculpture I, Japanese Painting I or Printmaking II

Friday: 13:20-18:10 Woodblock Printing III

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like there are donuts in that window... i didn't know japan had donuts. are they real or are they along the same lines as the "candy apple" someone wrote about in their blog the other day? You know, good on the outside, but GROSS on the inside?! I'm imagining fish-flavored donuts. gross. oxoxo

Anonymous said...

silly me, i missed the "mister donut" sign. But still... fish flavored?!